Wednesday 25 November 2009

Assassins Creed 2

Well I've been raving about it previously in my blog and how I was looking forward to actually playing a game again. So what do I think, is it any good?

Firstly unlike most people I actually liked the inclusion of Desmond's story so the fact that this one begins directly with a continuation of that was rather pleasing. The story itself has long fascinated me, although the first game had rather lengthy cut scenes they way it drip feeds new information is well paced I feel. The same can be said for this game, except Ezio unlike Altair is actually an interesting fleshed out character and you do somewhat feel for him as the narrative progresses.

Ezio controls more or less exactly the same as Altair did. So occasionally you'll jump off the wrong ledge, but more often than not, if you have a clear path in mind you'll free run correctly. My one gripe with the first game was that for an assassin you didnt feel that sly or assissin like, however this time round you can actually use a few specific assassin abilities for instance, if you are hanging off a ledge you can now assassinate the enemy stood above you without making a complete idiot of yourself trying to first get on the ledge and then doing the deed.

I could go one, but i just feel the scope of this game is bigger in every way than the last, already i am enjoying sitting down and playing a game once more which is great. I do however now look at this game in terms of 'how they did it' for example looking at textures and modelling etc. Bit for me that just makes the game more fascinating rather than ruining it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment